Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yii Development Tutorials

Well, it's been a while since I have written any blogs. Development on Fireteams has stopped for the time being as well. Unfortunately I have just had too many things happening at once.  On the plus side, I just finished an e-commerce website for a client (check it out! Pieces of Eight Costumes). I used Yii to make this website for them, and I'll be posting some tutorials about how to use Yii to implement various parts of an e-commerce site! Here's a look at what to expect in the coming months (not necessarily in this order):
  • Me want website, but where to start? A basic guide for newbie Yii developers
  • So I heard you like E-commerce.. (How to start developing your e-commerce site using Yii)
  • Developing a basic cart with PayPal integration with Yii
  • Creating a complex AJAX form with Yii and JQuery
  • Yii + Google ==  — Good SEO practices for any website
  • How to deploy a Yii website on HostGator
  • My favorite Yii / JQuery plugins of 2012
There'll be additional tutorials as well, but I will most definitely be writing these articles in the months ahead. Hopefully developers still rather new to Yii will find these tutorials useful and get a good feel for how powerful the framework is. 

If you have any tutorial requests, or would like to share links to other great tutorials out there, let us know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Great to see quality content on Yii. Wanted to pass along an open source project that you might find interesting. Zurmo is a highly sophisticated open source CRM project that is written in PHP utilizing JQuery, Yii, and RedBeanPHP and relies heavily on test driven development. Might be the most complex app built on Yii.

    Right now, we have 1000+ unit tests running across eight server configurations. Take a look and let me know what you think: http://zurmo.org
    Thanks,
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray, Thanks for your comment!

      You definitely are not kidding when you say it might be the most complex app built on Yii. I took a look at some of the source code and I must say, zurmo practices a lot of high standards in its source. I would encourage everyone to check out Zurmo as an excellent example of what Yii is capable of. Plus, it's a very useful application! Thanks for sharing it with us, Ray!

      AJ -

      Delete
  2. I am new into frameworks and I am ready to jump into Yii. Saw your website, it's nicely built. Would love if you will be providing tutorials on those :)
    I'll be camping here ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi YuYu,

      I'm glad you like it! I'm in the process of writing the tutorials, and published my first one today. I hope you find them helpful! I'm going to try to get the next couple out within the week, so keep an eye out for them.

      Brixican -

      Delete